Amazon fascist stand over tactics - Amazon threaten to refuse the sale of my books


AMAZON THREATEN FREE ART COLLECTIVE

This morning I received an email from Amazon Kindle (KDP) threatening to remove my books from their store because they did a search on one of my books and found that I was providing the books free on man websites which apparently contravenes copyright issues and unless I provided sufficient explanation and a detailed list of where i published my book, they would refuse to sell my ebooks. Below is the list they demanded form me and my response:

REQUEST KDP (AMAZON)

Hello,

We are writing to you regarding the following book(s):

Heaven is Full of Arseholes by McGee, C. Sean (AUTHOR) (ID:3294692)

During a review of your KDP submission(s), we found content that is widely available on the web. You can do an online search for the content inside your book(s) to discover which sites are offering the content for free. Copyright is important to us – we want to make sure that no author or other copyright holder has their work claimed and sold by anyone else.

To confirm you have publishing rights to and control where you distribute the book(s), please provide all of the following information:

1. The URLs for all websites where this content is published
2. An explanation as to why the content is available online
Please respond within 5 days to title-submission@amazon.com, and include the title and ID of your books in your reply. If we do not receive the requested documentation, your book will not be made available for sale.











MY RESPONSE


Hello Automated hate Mail,

Now in response to your requests regarding my copyrighted material which in its entireity I have exclusive right to do what I wish with said material, here is my resposne to your badgering:


Your request to the URLs where i host my work:

Do you understand how google works? If so, don't be lazy, use it, create your own list. This is my work I do not have to justify where and how I post my art and I sure as hell don't have to provide a list of such to you. If you choose to scout my art and my methods, feel free, troll along and create your own list.

You have no right to ask me for such.

Why is this content free?

Because I made it so. This is the most basic and rationale argument I can provide. We could hit back and forth with intellectual rationalisation of the effect of industry and the liberation of art for the sake of culture, the reservation of artistic ideals and just to fuck with the larger companies who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on advertising to only hit a minute percentage of the access, downloads, reads and fans that i am acquiring by doing the contrary to the standard ideal. but let's not.

I put my art for free because I choose to. The question should be put, why do you put your books on Amazon Kindle? In this regard, Amazon unfortunately doesn't offer a free option to access my works but it does allow readers who are feeling generous to donate to support my work by buying a copy of the mobi, epub or pdf (in your cause limited to mobi) that they have previously downloaded free, which has been the case in digital format and in print format.

Go figure, people are kind and file sharing is not copyright theft, it can actually be a practical tool to promote your art and develop a strong fan-base who will step aside from the digital medium, which for all sake is more practical than actually neat, impressive, sleek  tangible or collectible and they; when stumbling upon something new and exciting, will follow that artist as has always been done throughout time and acquire that piece that they can keep on their shelf and attain as being a marker and a stamp to their ideals or a period of their lives that allows them to re-enact in their minds, memories, feelings and sensations the premise of time and evolution would have them suppress. 

So my art (and not just heaven is full of arseholes - there is also A Rising Fall, Utopian Circus and very soon, Coffee and Sugar, The Anti-Man, iCannibal, oh Culto ! and many more given I write a book every 3 months) is available on KDP so my readers and fans if they choose because of their moral standings, their inherent beliefs, their stand-off-ness towards evolving culture or because like all living creatures, they can be thankful and rewarding in the giving of a gift, if they decide they want to return the favour and give me some money for my art, they can.

Now my question time. I think this is only fair?

Why are you attributing that my books published on KDP (Amazon) are yours to follow, police and control? 

You hold absolutely NO copyright to my books so why are you sending these threatening emails to me?

So far the rumours that escalate regarding Amazon are frighteningly true or seem as much. 

You're acting like fascist bullies. Stop it. It's not nice. 

C. Sean McGee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strange Literary Fiction by C.SeanMcGee

The Best Bad Reviews - The Time Traveler's Wife